Sunday, May 25, 2008

Attack of the Ticks

The number of deer ticks in our back yard has really surprised me. Hardly a day goes by where one of us doesn't find a tick clinging to us or a piece of clothing. We've adopted a full body check after every outing in the garden, and up until today that had let us find all the ticks before they had a chance to bite. Unfortunately for me, today broke that streak.

I had the dubious pleasure of removing two female deer ticks. One from my ankle, and another from a more sensitive area. That'll teach me to garden in shorts. I think its jeans tucked into thick socks for me from here on out no matter how hot it gets.

We've been avoiding using a insect repellents because Michelle is 7 months pregnant and shouldn't be around DEET. Until we can use it again, we'll just have to remain vigilant.

No comments: