Saturday, December 20, 2008

Home for Christmas

Chris, Gabe, and I are visiting my parents in Virginia for Christmas. This is my parents' beautiful house and yard.





It's a treat for me to be here, because I grew up in this house, and this is where I did some of my first gardening.

I planted this wisteria about fifteen years ago. Knowing nothing about the growth habits of Japanese wisteria at the time, I am surprised that it hasn't eaten the house. My mother has to do battle with it every year, and the dratted thing has never bloomed.




When we planted these evergreens, they were as tall as me.




This butterfly bush used to be short enough for me to jump over.




I planted this creeping mint in the front walkway hoping that it would spread to fill in all the cracks. It took ten years to do so.




I hope I can come back during the summer sometime to see this beautiful yard in bloom.



I'll have to rotate these photos later. Oops!

3 comments:

Growl3th said...

Yes please rotate themm cos I've gotten a sore neck!!! :-D

marna said...

How wonderful you were able to get home for the holidays!Have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!

hero爺 said...

It's not familyer to visit for Christmas one's parents in Japane.
But it's common for year-end through New Year holidays.